Grand Paradé Coffee Privacy Statement
Scope of this Privacy Statement
Grand Paradé Coffee, is committed to protecting your privacy. In this Statement, the terms “Grand Parade," "we," and "us" refers to Grand Parade Corporation. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website (grandparadecoffee.co), or blogs (collectively, the “Sites”) and our practices for using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of information through any website, mobile application, blog or other means, other than through the Sites. By visiting the Sites directly or through another site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use the Sites. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement whenever you use or access the Sites to stay informed about our personal information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Information Collection and Use
One goal in collecting information from you is to provide an efficient and meaningful experience.
The information we collect about you and the services you use fall into three different categories: (1) information you give us; and (2) information we collect from you automatically, and (3) information we collect from other sources. Some examples of when we collect this information include when you browse or make a purchase on one of our websites; register a Grand Paradé account, sign up for a subscription, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, purchase coffee or products made available through the Sites (collectively, the “Products”), apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
Information You Give Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. We may collect any content, record, or electronic communication of any kind, including without limitation your contact information, financial information, demographic information, and other personal information required to process your application to request services from us, so that we may provide you with the information or services that you request, and so that we may communicate with you and send you information and materials for marketing and other purposes, subject to applicable laws and the terms of the Privacy Statement.
The types of personal information we may collect from you may include:
(a) Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of any Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form that may ask you to provide a username and password. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number(s), email address. If you make a payment through the Sites, we will need to collect your payment card number, expiration date, CVV, credit card type, and billing name and address. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Sites, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
(b) Email Addresses. Several locations of the Sites permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: requesting us to notify you of new products; signing up for email newsletters and special offer.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect certain information about your use of the Sites through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Sites, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Sites, the pages you looked at on the Sites, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Sites, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Sites, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Purchasing Information – We may collect information about your transactions in on our websites including what products you purchase, how frequently you purchase them, and the products you have placed on your “My Bag" for future purchase.
- Log Files - As is true of most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.) IP addresses are not used to track a user’s session. This information only helps us determine how often different areas of our Site are visited. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
- Aggregate Information - We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through the Sites on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Sites and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect publicly available information that you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions, and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
Information Use and Disclosure
(a) Internal Use - We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Sites content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use, we may share your information with affiliates under Grand Paradé’s control.
(b) Communications with You - We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Sites and notify you about your orders and deliveries. For example, we may send you a confirmation email on registering on the Sites, or a service-related announcement on the rare occasion we may temporarily suspend our service for maintenance. If you submit your email address to request product information and special offers or subscribe to our newsletters, we use it to deliver requested information. At any time, you may unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). However, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information, except as describe below:
- You Give Consent - We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates - We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes. For example, we may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies to process orders and requests, and expand and promote our product and service offerings.
- Service Providers - We may share personal and non-personal your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as payment authorization, shipping services, location mapping, marketing, web hosting and web usage analytics services. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.) We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- Business Transactions – We will not sell, trade or rent personally identifiable information to other companies as part of our regular course of business. However, if we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- Required by Law - We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Sites if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, if disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, protect our legal rights, property, or safety of Grand Parade, our customers or others. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use the Site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
- Aggregate Information – We may share aggregated information that does not uniquely identify you or any user when it enables us to improve and enrich our services and the Site’s content. This information may include, without limitation, the number of registered users on the Sites, number of daily visitors to a particular web page, demographic information about users of the Sites, and individual purchase preferences. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
- You Post on Our Websites – We may share certain information you post and share with other users on a blog or another part of our Sites. Information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit in connection with the Site to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Site will be made public to users of the Site, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps). You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Site. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Site may be shared by us with others.
How We May Allow Others to Collect Your Information
When you use our Sites, we may allow third parties to collect usage and location information across your different devices through mobile software development kits, cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. These third parties collect this information for the following purposes and for other purposes consistent with their own privacy policies:
- To Understand the Use of Our Services – We may allow certain service providers to collect usage and location information to help us understand how our Sites are used and to assist us in improving the content and operation of our online properties. These service providers collect aggregate statistical usage data that is not matched or linked to any individual user.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our Sites. These technologies include cookies, web beacons, java scripts, entity tags, and HTML local storage to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Most web browsers can be programmed to accept or reject the use of some or all of these technologies, although you must take additional steps to disable or control other technologies. For more information, please see the section of this Statement titled “Your Choices”.
- We may use third-party analytical tools to help us better understand how you use our website. These analytical tools will place cookies on your computer to collect information. The information collected by these analytical tools will tell us things like which search engine referred you to our website, how you navigated around our website and what you purchased. This information will help us to better serve you with more personalized information and product offerings. The third party provider of the analytical tools may only use your personal information to perform services for us and is contractually required to maintain all of the information it collects and analyzes for us securely and in confidence. This third party may not share your personal information with anyone else, or use it for any other purpose, except on an aggregate, non-identifiable basis.
- Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are small, transparent images embedded in web pages, applications and emails,. We may use web beacons to facilitate the Sites administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Sites, to compile aggregate statistics about the Sites usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Sites. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
- Java scripts are code snippets embedded in various parts of websites and applications that facilitate a variety of operations including accelerating the refresh speed of certain functionality or monitoring usage of various online components.
- Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or “cached" within your browser and validates these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- HTML5 local storage allows data from websites to be stored or “cached" within your browser to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited.
These and similar technologies are used for the following purposes:
- Services and Functionality – Some of these technologies are required to allow you to access and use our Sites and the various services and functionality we offer. Without these technologies, some of the services and functionality on our Sites would not work properly.
- Performance Monitoring – Some of these technologies help us analyze and estimate traffic and assess the volume of use of services and functionality on our Sites. They show us how visitors and customers interact with our digital properties, whether there are any errors, the degree to which certain web pages, applications, services or functionality are accessed and used and how they are performing or operating. When these technologies are used for performance monitoring, no information that identifies you is collected.
- User Convenience – Some of these technologies enhance the ease of use of our Sites and the services and functionality they make available by accelerating load and refresh times and remembering information that you have provided on prior visits to our websites or when you last used a website or mobile application service or functionality.
- Marketing – Some of these technologies are used to tailor your experience on our Sites or across your applications or devices by controlling the promotions, advertisements and other marketing messages that may appear when you access or use these or other digital properties. These technologies also help us learn which services and functionality you are using and how you are accessing information about us. We may use this information to personalize your visit to a website or use of a mobile application or to send you relevant promotions and advertisements.
We maintain full rights to any information collected on our Sites, and may freely collect, use and disclose such information unless prohibited by this Privacy Statement or applicable laws.
- Promotional Communication Choices - You can opt out of receiving promotional emails and mailings by informing us of your preference at the time you sign up for a Grand Parade account, modifying your promotional preferences online in your account’s profile management section, or following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails we send you. Similarly, you may opt in to receive text messages, telephone calls and mailings. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you transactional communications, including emails about your accounts or purchases.
- Location Information - You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. See your device settings for more information.
- Voice Transmissions - You can ensure you do not send us or any third parties any transmissions of your voice by not using the voice ordering feature. In addition, you may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that your voice transmissions cannot be sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling microphone and speech recognition services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access microphone and speech recognition services by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies – You may be able to reject cookies, web beacons, entity tags and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is different, but many common browsers have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
- Interest-Based Ads - Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out on these pages visit www.AboutAds.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
- "Do Not Track" Technology - Some newer web browsers have a "Do Not Track" preference that transmits a "Do Not Track" header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals
How to Manage Your Account Information
Account Information that you have provided can be accessed, reviewed, changed or removed on our Site by logging into your account at www.grandparadecoffee.com/Account. As required by law for taxes and other record keeping purposes, we are unable to completely delete an account. Upon your request, we can disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests at the “contact us” section of the Site http://www.grandparadecoffee.com/contact, or by telephoning, or emailing your request to our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Storage and Security
We take reasonable security precautions to help protect your information. The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information offline. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Access by Children
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. Grand Parade Coffee, Inc does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through this website. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have unknowingly collected information about your child, please contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section of this Statement.
This Site may link to, or be linked to, other websites not maintained by or related to Grand Parade Coffee, Inc. When you click on one of these links, you will no longer be transacting business through the Sites. Third party websites maintain their own privacy policies, and we do not exercise any control over any of the third party websites that may be linked to the Sites. Grand Paradé, is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party websites, including any linked or linking websites. To the extent that you disclose personally identifiable information to any such third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of personal information that you disclose to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such websites before disclosing your personal information to them.
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request a notice, please submit your request by postal mail to: Grand Paradé Customer Service, 1390 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94102. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting to this Site. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by providing notice through the Sites or updating the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement from time to time so you will know if the it has been changed or updated. Your continued use of the Sites signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
If you have any questions about the Privacy Statement, please contact us at 510-730-0447 or: email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of July 23, 2017.
Last Updated: July 23, 2017